The secret ingredient your skin needs NOW! Colloidal oatmeal is an organic ingredient that has the potential to transform your skin for the better by balancing pH, relieving irritation, and reducing age spots and wrinkles.
What is Colloidal Oatmeal?
Colloidal oatmeal is whole oat kernels that have been milled and processed so that the oats can serve as a skin protectant. Regular oatmeal and colloidal oats are both ingested, but colloidal oats are ingested by the skin whereas oatmeal is eaten! COLLOIDAL OATMEAL contains saponins, compounds that are a ideal for cleansing because they absorb dirt on the skin's surface allowing it to be easily rinsed away without disrupting the skin’s barrier. Oats help the skin retain its moisture levels due to their ability to absorb water and bind to the skin. Oats are also rich in antioxidants that reduce redness and inflammation.
Benefits of Colloidal Oatmeal
Colloidal oatmeal has multiple functioning properties. When grounded down to a fine powder and combined with water, colloidal oatmeal has the power to cleanse, tone, tighten and brighten your skin to perfection.
- Suitable for all skin types – this ingredient is great for anyone with any skin type, even those with sensitive skin, because it works the way your skin needs it to
- Calming agent– The cellulose and fibers from the oats balances the pH of dry, itchy skin, perfect for calming the symptoms of eczema/atopic dermatitis
- Skin shield - this is very important when you have irritated or sensitive skin, it just shields your skin, giving it extra protection and time to heal
- Anti-aging - powerful antioxidant effects of colloidal oats reduce fine lines and wrinkles on the skin.
- Reduces inflammation - colloidal oatmeal will help to reduce inflammation from acne or other irritants. Colloidal oatmeal also contains avenanthramides A, B, and C, which all benefit and calm skin conditions
- Restoration – restores moisture to dehydrated skin; when oatmeal becomes colloidal, it acts like an emollient, which helps to soothe cracks in the skin; oats are able to absorb water and bind it to the skin
- Cleanses – oat particles stick to dirt and dead skin cells, removing harmful bacteria from the skins surface
Laguna Herbals Colloidal Oatmeal Products
3 way action exfoliant and mask- No two skin types are the same which is why we have 4 varieties of our 3 way action cleansing facial grains. The gentle properties of colloidal oatmeal combined with the drawing power of clay and the exfoliant action of herbal actives makes this a comprehensive ALL IN ONE cleanser, exfoliant, and mask. We know how busy you are which is why we love to combine steps! No need to wash before applying this clay mask and if you’re in a hurry you can scrub it on and wash it right off as a cleanser.
Coconut Milk Bath Soak- In this product, colloidal oatmeal helps the skin retain its moisture levels due to its ability to absorb water and bind to the skin. This milky white soak cleanses and nourishes the skin, focusing on relieving inflammation, dryness and even eczema flare ups. Read more about this product in Benefits of Bathing in Coconut Milk - Aside From the Aesthetic!